Documenting a virtualization project

Experiences in Virtualization

AutoYaST partial solution

Posted by martijnl on July 17, 2006

Although the cause is still unclear we have got it working now with SLES9 and Service Pack 2. This is still not what we would want because SP3 is listed as a supported configuration with VMWare.

The other odd thing about this problem is that we did manage to get it working with the Buslogic SCSI driver and SP3. However the Buslogic driver is not supported with VM’s with more than 4GB internal memory which we will be using in the Oracle database servers (among others).

To rule out a problem with a straight SP3 install we’ll try a new AutoYaST install with SP2 and then upgrade that install over the internet to SP3.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: